AutoMap 4.7.0 "No software to connect to..."

As the Novation community has developed over the years, it has naturally found the bulk of it's voice on Social Media. To ensure we can be there to discuss and support you as best we can, we’ve decided to close the forum.

The conversation isn’t over, though. We’re waiting for you; come say hi.

Also, be sure to check out some of our friends.

As ever, thank you for your support.

Thanks for reading, The Novation Team

If you're having a technical difficulty, get in touch via http://bit.ly/NovationSupport and our technicians will get back to you as soon as they can!

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lewis
AutoMap 4.7.0 "No software to connect to..."

Using AutoMap 4.7.0, Impluse 61, firmware updated, Ableton Live Lite 8, Max OS X 10.6.8. When setting up AutoMap, when I go to Mixer/Plugin Settings, I get "no software to connect to … " I, perhaps mistakenly thought this would show me a physical mapping of the Impluse 61 where I could assign - reassign mappings? The knobs seem, to map ok, but I don't see where/how to map the 8 drum pads.

What I'm trying to do, and maybe it's the wrong place, is to map some drum kits to the 8 drum pads so I can use them at the same time as say I have a keyboard, say piano, that I can access from the keyboard. Can the keyboard play one instruments and the 8 drum pads drums at the same time?

Bulaw

I have the same problem trying to use Automap to connect my Launchpad with Ableton 9.  What gives?!

Lewis

What's seems odd to me, is that no one seems to know why this doesn't work the way it appears it should be working according to the manual. Why have the mappings in software when it cannot be used???

skijumptoes

Looks like it's not picked up on the fact that ableton is installed, what does the software setup tab show?  Is ableton listed on there?

If so, you need to click on it, pick your impulse via the setup wizard and then hit the 'Setup Ableton' button, and it will guide you through setting it up to map to your DAW.

Once it's set up you just open up Automap and you can graphically assign your pads as you wish.

Bulaw

I did go to the software setup tab.  It lists Ableton Live 9 with a red dot (not connected).   I selected Launchpad and clicked 'Setup Abelton'.  I followed through the instructions and it doesn't connect.  I go back to the software setup tab and the red dot is still there.  I even tried changing different variables ie., start with launchpad plugged/unplugged, software on/off to start with, turning automap signals on/off under live preferances.

I'm stumped!

skijumptoes

Bulaw, Have you restarted your machine since setting it up?  I had a similar problem on a mac, as i never turn if off i just put it to sleep, but a restart turned a Red lit DAW to green.

Other things to try that i've seen posted here before:

1. In Software Setup tab, go to Advanced and ensure that you have Midi ports set (For me it's Automap MIDI for both), i've also heard that by setting a channel on that screen can help too - But i've not got any channels ticked.

2. Unplug your device (USB) and wait until the setup guide prompts you to plug it in.

Bulaw

Just tried all suggestions.  No such luck.  I stil have the red light.

mikenovation

I understand your frustration, please contatct Novation Technical support for help resolving your issue:

http://us.novationmusic.com/support/contact-support

Thanks 

platelmint

Hey Lewis, did you find out what was going on? i'm having the same issues here

thanks!

mikenovation

Hi,

Do you currently have a case number with Novation technical support?

If so please provide a case number so i can personally look in to.

Thanks.  

lpagross

I have the same problem. This used to work with Ableton 8 but won't connect with 9. Has destroyed several rehearsals with me trying to figure out how to load old SLII automap template for use with Live.

G

targyll

I have the same problem with my 61SL MKII on OS X 10.6.8 with Ableton Live 8.4.1...
I tried installing Automap 4.8.1 beta but nothing changed.

I still have a "red light" for Ableton in Automap.
Any help?

Thanks!

Katherine_Novation

When using Ableton Live the Launchpad does not connect through Automap's ports, as it would with a DAW that has less direct Launchpad available support.  In those cases Automap must be used to create a Port for that DAW to speak to, and then a "Thing" will appear in the Mixer/Plug In Mappings list.

The reason you see the "No Software to connect to" is because Automap is not connecting to Ableton, however the Launchpad is connecting directly to Ableton without Automap.

Automap does not even need to be installed on the computer for setup and use with Ableton Live.  In the case of the Launchpad it is really only offering a setup guide for visual walk through.  Automap is used with the Launchpad for other DAWs.

Here is a video Playlist on the Launchpad setup.  The last video covers Automap use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXqBBBjgh_0&list=PLECB7C9D54D65942F

What are the particular settings you would like to make?  These should be able to be mapped easily using Ableton's MIDI Learn in one of the User Modes.

vitaladsr

Having the same issue .. Running Live 9 -- I got turned on to Automap because you can set some of the buttons to hold down = 0n / let go = Off for FX and stuff .. really hoping to use my new 2nd launchpad for stuff like beat repeat and other cool dj type momentary fx thru sends/returns -- Any advice appreciated!

vitaladsr
4_02am

I just got my Impulse 49, 2 days ago.  I made sure I have the firmware upgraded, automap, Yosemette, and ableton. 8.  I got a green sync light on the Automap Server software setup page.  That being said on the mappings page I see the Impulse 49 but on the bottom it says "no software to connect to."  Automap works but I am unable to edit its mappings.   I remind you there is a sync (green light) with Ableton 8. I tried to remove and reinstall Automap 2x to fix this issue.  Still am issue. 

Although it would be great to edit in Automap, i would be ok with a regular midi solution.  I want to use the mute/solo buttons so send out program change messages on all midi channels.  this way I can go out of order quickly with my live set list.  Ideally I'd like to keep the muts function and use the solo for this program change.  I do like to use the faders as the regular Automap track volume, but not critical to my live set.

Rhobi327

Quote:
I just got my Impulse 49, 2 days ago.  I made sure I have the firmware upgraded, automap, Yosemette, and ableton. 8.  I got a green sync light on the Automap Server software setup page.  That being said on the mappings page I see the Impulse 49 but on the bottom it says "no software to connect to."  Automap works but I am unable to edit its mappings.   I remind you there is a sync (green light) with Ableton 8. I tried to remove and reinstall Automap 2x to fix this issue.  Still am issue

I am having this same issue with the 61. Im running on a PC and I have installed and uninstalled then re installed the USB drivers along with Automap multiple times. Ableton Live shows up as green for me but the Map tab is completely blank like in the picture the OP posted.

noiseismyart

If youre having this issue for Macs still try reinstalling this driver - that fixed it for me. Ableton and Automap detect the launchpad now. This driver needs to be added for an old launchpad support page.

http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downlo...

gentleman1

Hi,

I am having a similar problem as has been described in this thread.  I am using automap 4.9, impulse 49 and ableton live 9.2.2

in automap, under software setup there is a green light next to ableton live.  however, in mixer/plugin mappings nothing shows up and I cannot edit mappings (greyed out).  It says no software to connect to.

the reason I want to access this, is to use keystroke assignments - qwerty button support.  i want to map the undo keystrokes on mac to a button on the impulse 49 so that i can undo bad clip recordings.

matthewk.novation

Hi guys,

If you are having any issues or difficulties setting up Automap to work with your software and hardware, please feel free to contact our technical support team so we may look further into the exact cause of the issue and how it can be resolved on your computer. You can contact us through the following link:

http://global.novationmusic.com/answerbase/contact

Matthew Kurpakus // Novation Technical Support