Impulse 49 doesn't work in Logic 9.1.8 ( react very late)

As the Novation community has developed over the years, it has naturally found the bulk of it's voice on Social Media. To ensure we can be there to discuss and support you as best we can, we’ve decided to close the forum.

The conversation isn’t over, though. We’re waiting for you; come say hi.

Also, be sure to check out some of our friends.

As ever, thank you for your support.

Thanks for reading, The Novation Team

If you're having a technical difficulty, get in touch via http://bit.ly/NovationSupport and our technicians will get back to you as soon as they can!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ramon Rox
Impulse 49 doesn't work in Logic 9.1.8 ( react very late)

My impulse 49 don't react when I press the buttons.

I install AutoMap 4.9 and do the Factory Reset!

I try this like 8 times.

Install newest firmware 685 but still react very late.

All function works but everthing comes after about 30 sec after pressing the button.

Also the transport buttons - solo - mute, etc,etc

Help me pls?????

My infos:

Mac : 8 core intel. 3.0 GHZ

Mac Os 10.7.5

Audio interface: MBOX PRO

USB 2 connected

Software : Logic 9.1.8

Version AutoMap : 4.9

I purchase the Unit at : BAX-SHOP in Holland.

Ramon Rox

I found the medicine.
I remove Logic from the application folder and install Logic 9 from the install DVD.
After that I download the last update from Apple.
Now my Impulse works perfect with Logic 9.1.8.
I think my previous Logic had to much BUG.
I'm a happy man now.
Sorry my Novation TEAM.
Best regards,
Ramon

Ramon Rox

Problem not solved.

I now get the massage '' Device AUTOMAP MIXER is assiged to AutoMap Logic Mixer etc etc.

Keeps comming when I start Logic 9.1.8 and nothing from the keyboard is working in Logic.

So I can not make my music right now!!!

I try Ableton and the keyboard works perfectly in one time.

Help me please???

This is the massage and nothing works.
skijumptoes

Looking at the screenshot:- You need to go in to your control surfaces in Logic, remove the existing surface and then reconfig based on the novation documentation (Guide is in automap also).

If you have a  midi problem after (i.e. can't play keys) that then you can also try switching off your impulse, and going to osx audio/midi setup and removing the device from there - switching/connecting it back on and it should reconfig again.  That's just a general idea though, not specific to the impulse's.  However, you say it's related to Logic so probably a waste of time doing this.

One other thing, try running a midi monitor ( http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ ) - and see which device/channels are transmitting to where when you press keys and/or transport buttons on your impulse.  This will give you an idea of what devices need to be set up in Logic for note data etc.

Post back with your progress and i'll try and help as best i can, but i suspect the issue is within your control surface setup in logic.

Ramon Rox

Oke Skijumptoes,

I think the problem is Logic 9.1.8.

Ableton works without problem. (Keys playing with 5 ms latency - faders moving sync.)

Reason works perfect. Same as Ableton.

I dont understand how that MIDIMonitor works and what to do to resulve the problem.

I also see something about SysEx Labrarian and I know Apple have a app like this.

What is that SysEx Labrarian for?

Where can I find the Audio/MIDI setup on this 10.7.5? On the older version was this in the Application folder.

Still the same problem now.

Moving faders and playing keys reacting 30 sec later.

Help me pls?

My regards,

Ramon

skijumptoes

Hmm.. ok, midi monitor just shows you when you press a key/move a control on your keybaord so you can check basic communcation works - but you've proven that using reaper and ableton.

SysEx Librarian is purely for sending/receiving system exclusive data  - you will only need this if you're taking snapshots of your hardware or sending new firmware etc. manually.  Not related to your issue.

In terms of the delay in Logic - is it 30 seconds?!! Or 30ms?!  30 seconds is a massive delay!!! You may be best contacting Novation support.

FYI: Audio/Midi setup i just spotlight search it (Command (⌘) & Space bar) and just type 'audio' and it comes up.  In fact, i rarely use finder on osx as spotlight is so much quicker.  But i don't think you need to change anything in there, it definetly sounds like a Logic issue.

matthewk.novation

Ramon Rox,

If the Impulse is working properly with other DAWs and is causing issues within Logic Pro, then it sounds as though the device may not be set up correctly. Please check that the device is set up according to the Setup Guide within Automap.

You can also delete Logic's User Preferences to see if that clears up any issues as instructed in the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201709

If there are still issues occuring, you are more than welcome to reach out to us through the following link so we may assist further:

http://global.novationmusic.com/answerbase/contact

Matthew Kurpakus // Novation Technical Support