An Ultranova(UN) updated with the latest in Novation technology, to explain:
Keep what makes the UN good:
- Fast editing interface. This is particularly important to me
- 37 keys with aftertouch.
- Full I/O with built-in audio interface
- Deep synth engine, effects, Vocoder
- Computer integration (editor, librarian)
- It's Blue
Then add 16 velocity-sensitive pads to give it Launchkey-like control capabilities.
Now bring the improvements found on the Mininova:
- Pads (Animate + Hold, Arp, Favorites)
- The look and feel of the knobs/pots/encoders
- Envelope follower
Finally add a few nice things:
- Step sequencer, like the Bass Station II (interacts with the pads)
- USB Hub, like the Audiohub
- Some degree of granular synthesis, to synthesize or process live audio with. Should interact well with the pads.
To sum: a better Ultranova with pads, a concentrated piece of Novation tech.
Would really appreciate that. Thankyou for listening.
BTW, tried to post a version of this here two weeks ago or so but it never showed up so I guess it got lost somewhere somehow.